Approx. Price: Rs 4,400 / No(s)
Cast iron soil pipe fittings are classified either as Hub and Spigot and No Hub or Hubless. Hub coupling fittings comprise a ribbed steel sleeve, which is tightened and held in position by means of steel band clamps on both sides, lined with a rubber gasket. Cast iron couplings are designed to connect pipe to pipe as well as pipe to fitting.Important Features:
- Pipes made of no hub cast iron are never threaded or welded. These pipes are connected by means of no-hub couplings.
- Hub and spigot pipe fittings come in two classes of thickness: Service (SV) and Extra Heavy (XH).
- Hubless cast iron pipe fittings are usually manufactured without a hub, complying ASTM A 888 or CISP 301 and are available in 1 ½” through 15” sizes.
- Hubless cast iron couplings are used for joining fittings like ells, wyes, and tees with the pipe.
Cast iron pipe fittings are mostly used in building construction and are installed within the partitions. These fittings are best suited for lavatory, tub and water closet fixtures.
Cast iron soil pipe fittings also find application for storm drainage from yards, roofs and courtyards in building construction. Most plumbers prefer cast iron soil pipe and fittings these days in high-rise structures for drain, waste and vent and sewer, irrespective of the height of the building.
Advantage of Cast Iron Pipe Fittings:
Cast iron pipe fittings have several advantages over other types of fittings. Some of the notable advantages are:
- Performance: The performance and durability of cast iron pipe fittings are far better than other materials used for sanitary and storm drain, waste, and vent piping. Cast iron pipe fittings are extremely durable, nearly indestructible and does not react with most chemicals, and will not burn or melt except under the most extreme conditions. This decreases the hazard of poisonous gases in case of fire or other accidents. Cast iron fittings are also known for their unparalleled performance. These fittings are usually not preferred for pipes delivering water.
- Soundproofing Qualities: In most installations, neoprene gaskets and hubless coupling are used with cast iron pipe & fittings. This in turn, minimises noise and vibration caused by the contact between pipe and pipe fittings to a great extent. The structure and composition of cast iron helps to dampen the sound rather than transmitting or amplifying it.
- Versatility: Cast iron pipe fittings are known for their versatility as they come with a wide range of joining methods that allow efficient installation both above and below the floor and even underground. Because of this feature, cast iron is mostly preferred for sanitary and storm drain, waste, and vent piping material on the market. They are also suitable for use in all types of building construction.
- Low Cost Installation: One of the significant advantages of cast iron fittings is that they ensure low-cost installation.